If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 5 to 6
For the marinade
- 2 cups Fresh Mint leaves
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 2 to 3 green chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 to 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup Plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds powder
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Gram flour / chickpea flour for binding
- 2 teaspoons Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
For the skewers
- 2 packets Cottage cheese known as Paneer, available at any Indian grocery stores not the loose one available in other stores
- 1 cup Green bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup Red bell pepper
- 1 cup Broccoli or cauliflower florets or both mixed
- 1 cup Onions
- 1 or 2 Lemon
- Mint sprigs to garnish
- 1 Lettuce Head, crispy ones like Romaine to serve these on
- For the Marinade - Take the mint leaves, cilantro , chilies, ginger, garlic and add just a little bit of water and make a paste out of it.
- On the other side, take the yogurt in a cheese cloth and remove all the extra water and hung it for about a minute or so, till it has become rich and creamy and all the water has drained out of it.
- Take the mint paste add in the yogurt , add lemon juice, fennel seeds powder, garam masala, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, roasted gram flour, and add in the oil also. Season it well with salt. Mix everything well. Leave it aside for a while.
- For the Skewers - Cut the Paneer into large cubes of about 2 inches. Similarly, cut all the vegetables into large cubes.
- Take all the vegetables and paneer and add them to marinade and mix it well may be use your hands to coat each and everything well. Leave it for about 1 to 2 hours to get flavors.
- How to assemblethe skewers - Once the veggies and paneer has marinated well, take skewers, whichever are safe to use on your grill. Take each of the veggies starting with paneer, then with onions, bell peppers, some broccoli florets, according to your wish and choice, line them all unto the skewers. Place them on a dish till you finish with all the remaining ones.
- Prepare your grill. Check out today's video in which Merill shows us How to prepare a grill. Right on time, when its time to get out and grill some food.
- Place all the skewers , oil them a little bit on the top side with a brush. Be safe don't just spill too much oil or so. Cover the grill let them cook for few minutes. It won't take longer to cook them. Then turn, them upside down again slightly oil them with brush.
- Meanwhile, when they are getting grilled, take some lettuce and arrange them on a platter and once the skewers are ready to serve, serve them on the bed of lettuce alongside some lemon wedges for that extra drizzle of nice citrusy taste (My favourite part) and garnish it with some mint sprigs.
- There you have a vegetarian dish to serve on your next barbeque party. Actually, the marinade works really well with fish and even chicken. One of our Brazilian friend and his American wife, uses the same recipe for marinade on chicken and shrimps.They love it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.