If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Peanut butter and jelly. Steak and frites. Scotch and ice. Some pairings are iconic. Like chocolate and mint. With a little something extra. - boulangere
Makes 4 bars
- 4 ounces water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup loosely piled mint leaves
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ounce Crème de Cacao
- To freeze these, you'll need a 4-chambered popsicle mold with stems.
- Measure water and sugar into a saucepan. Stir, and bring to a boil.
- While sugar mixture is heating, wash the mint leaves and pat them dry on a towel. mound them in the center of a couple of paper towels, wrap them up, and roll them back and forth between your palms to bruise them. When sugar mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the mint leaves. Cover the pan, and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Chop chocolates (I used Ghirardelli) into small pieces of relatively the same size. Place them in a mixing bowl. When mint is finished steeping, hold a strainer over the bowl containing the chocolates, and pour the sugar solution through it. Discard the mint leaves.
- Whisk the chocolate mixture until all pieces have melted completely, then whisk in the Crème de Cacao.
- Place the bowl over an ice water bath. Stir occasionally with a spatula until thickened and very cool.
- Divide among the popsicle molds, insert the stems, and freeze. Depending on how cold your freezer is, the fudgesicles should be ready to cool you off in about 2-3 hours, though letting them freeze overnight will give you the best results.
- These make a heavenly dessert on a summer evening. To serve, run the molds under warm water and pull gently on the stem.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce