If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my fondest memories as a kid is having a chilled glass of sugar cane juice and a slice of watermelon from the roadside vendors while coming from my painting class during Summers. There are several ways they serve a watermelon ,from plain and fresh cut watermelon to rubbing lemon on the watermelon with a sprinkle of chopped mint leaves.
I combine cubes of watermelon with a handful of mint leaves, a dash of fresh ginger juice and lemon juice, served on the rocks!! —Shri
- 2 cups Watermelon cubes
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1-2 tablespoons Sugar, needed if watermelon is not too sweet
- 6 Mint leaves, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice Cubes
- Grate Ginger using a vegetable or a cheese grater. Squeeze the peeled ginger with hand to yield a tablespoon of juice
- Combine Lemon juice and ginger juice Set aside
- Puree the mint leaves, sugar and Watermelon cubes in a juice maker or using a regular blender. You can always add a couple of table spoons of water for an easy blend.
- Mix Lemon and ginger juice well with the pureed watermelon and mint
- Drop a few ice cubes into a glass and pour the juice over the cubes Serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint