Author Notes: One of my fondest memories as a kid is having a chilled glass of sugar cane juice and a slice of watermelon from the roadside vendors while coming from my painting class during Summers. There are several ways they serve a watermelon ,from plain and fresh cut watermelon to rubbing lemon on the watermelon with a sprinkle of chopped mint leaves.
I combine cubes of watermelon with a handful of mint leaves, a dash of fresh ginger juice and lemon juice, served on the rocks!! - Shri
- 2 cups Watermelon cubes
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1-2 tablespoon Sugar, needed if watermelon is not too sweet
- 6 Mint leaves, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice Cubes
- Grate Ginger using a vegetable or a cheese grater. Squeeze the peeled ginger with hand to yield a tablespoon of juice
- Combine Lemon juice and ginger juice Set aside
- Puree the mint leaves, sugar and Watermelon cubes in a juice maker or using a regular blender. You can always add a couple of table spoons of water for an easy blend.
- Mix Lemon and ginger juice well with the pureed watermelon and mint
- Drop a few ice cubes into a glass and pour the juice over the cubes Serve immediately
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint