If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The jumping off point for this is a classic mint julep. I've added grapefruit juice for its balanced sweet-tart-bitterness, and St. Germain elderflower liqueur, because frankly, I'm enamored with it. The resulting concoction is fresh and boozy, and perfect for a hot summer evening. - hardlikearmour
Food52 Review: You won't need a fancy hat and a copy of the Daily Racing Form to appreciate Hardlikearmour's zingy take on the classic Kentucky cocktail. The time-honored pairing of bourbon and mint turns tangy with the addition of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice. It's all tempered by the subtle sweetness of the St. Germaine. Top shelf bourbon is a must - we used Ridgemont Reserve "1792" - and if you have a frosted silver mint julep cup to serve it in, so much the better. In any case, odds are you'll enjoy this delightful drink all summer long, not just on the first Saturday in May. - wssmom
- 15 to 20 large spearmint leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 oz bourbon
- 2 oz St. Germain
- 1 1/2 ounces strained grapefruit juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- Combine mint and honey in martini shaker. Muddle thoroughly. I use the end of a wooden spoon, as I don't have a proper muddler. You want the mint to exude some juices, and almost form a syrup with the honey so put some muscle in it!
- Put 2 to 3 ice cubes into each of two 7 to 8 ounce glasses, and set aside.
- Add the bourbon, St. Germain, grapefruit juice, and a handful of ice cubes to the shaker. Shake vigorously for about 15 shakes.
- Strain into prepared glasses. Garnish with a mint sprig if you're feeling fancy. Take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
How to make a boozy beer float
Make a Boozy Beer Float.
Behind Seven Spoons
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
A Springtime Bounty