If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beets with Pistachios and Mint is my attempt to recreate the dish that impressed me at a friend's wedding. It is incredibly simple: roasted beets marinated in mild vinegar served atop a small pool of creme fraiche and topped with roasted pistachios. The beet juice mixes every so slightly with the creme fraiche, so that when you scoop up a serving the colors mix into a beautiful swirly pink. The pistachios add a pleasant crunch and the mint perfumes the dish. It is a perfect simple side dish for summer. - My Pantry Shelf
- 1 pound roasted beets, cooled
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 shelled roasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- When ready to serve, spread the creme fraiche on the bottom of a shallow bowl, top with beets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss pistachios and mint over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vinegar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint