Author Notes: My new favorite flavor combination is tomato and mint. With watermelon and a scoop of mozzarella, it's a light summer lunch. Burrata is hard to come by in my neck of the woods, but if you can get it, use it instead of the mozzarella - Lucy Mercer
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, homegrown if possible
- 1 pinch fleur de sel
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced watermelon
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Fresh cracked black pepper, optional
- Slice one heirloom tomato into at least 3 rounds. Place on salad plate and surround with sliced cherry tomatoes, diced watermelon and round of mozzarella. Sprinkle the tomatoes and watermelon with fleur de sel.
- Slice remaining tomato in half. Using a sieve placed over a small cup or bowl, squeeze juice from one half of the tomato. Pour tomato juice over the salad. Sprinkle with mint leaves, more fleur de sel and fresh cracked black pepper (if desired). Serve.