Author Notes: Boozed up version of the classic street side drink Jal jeera, the non alcoholic a staple to combat the summer heat on the streets of New Delhi. - Panfusine
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 cup mint leaves (packed)
- 1-2 fresh green chiles
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon finely powdered toasted cumin seeds
- 1 pinch black salt (optional)
- 2 cups Chilled water
- 1 cup Pama pomegranate vodka
- 1/2 cup Rose's Lime cordial
- kosher salt mixed with toasted cumin powder for rimming glasses
- Mint leaves
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Rub the rim of 4 glasses with the cumin flavored salt.
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, mint, green chiles, cumin powder, salt and lime juice, blend to form a smooth liquid (adding 1/2 cup of water), Strain, taste to adjust seasoning. CHill until ready to use
- Muddle mint leaves with 1 teaspoon sugar in the bottom of a shaker. Add 2 oz of the pomegranate vodka 1-2 oz of lime cordial (as per your preference).Add Ice & shake well.
- Strain into the glasses, top with 3 oz of the spiced mint liquid. Top up with cold water as per your preference. garnish with a sprig of mint & serve chilled!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint