If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Boozed up version of the classic street side drink Jal jeera, the non alcoholic a staple to combat the summer heat on the streets of New Delhi. —Panfusine
Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 cup mint leaves (packed)
- 1-2 fresh green chiles
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon finely powdered toasted cumin seeds
- 1 pinch black salt (optional)
- 2 cups Chilled water
- 1 cup Pama pomegranate vodka
- 1/2 cup Rose's Lime cordial
- kosher salt mixed with toasted cumin powder for rimming glasses
- Mint leaves
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Rub the rim of 4 glasses with the cumin flavored salt.
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, mint, green chiles, cumin powder, salt and lime juice, blend to form a smooth liquid (adding 1/2 cup of water), Strain, taste to adjust seasoning. CHill until ready to use
- Muddle mint leaves with 1 teaspoon sugar in the bottom of a shaker. Add 2 oz of the pomegranate vodka 1-2 oz of lime cordial (as per your preference).Add Ice & shake well.
- Strain into the glasses, top with 3 oz of the spiced mint liquid. Top up with cold water as per your preference. garnish with a sprig of mint & serve chilled!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.