If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brain food! Similar to salmon in its mildness, yet possesses a unique flavor. And because hoisin sauce renders every dish just a bit more delish, I pour it on. - caitlintherese
- 1 pound Rainbow trout
- 2-3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- Sea salt + Pepper
- Chopped cilantro, if desired
- Make sure you get a fresh cut of trout. If the trout doesn't appear shiny, and a rich, deep reddish-pink, hold off until the fresh stuff comes to your fishmonger. Buy 1 pound filet. Unwrap, and salt and pepper both sides, being especially generous on the skin side (especially if you love eating crispy skin, like I do).
- Turn on over broiler. Place oven rack in the middle, higher (closer to the flame) if you like more crisp on top, less done in the middle.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in a baking dish, spread it around, and place fish on top, skin side down. Then generously spread the hoisin sauce on top of the fish's flesh. Crush a bit more salt on top, and put her in the oven.
- Cook 8 - 10 minutes, or until ready to your liking. I wait until the bottom (skin side) is really bubbling, so the skin gets caramelized and crispy.
- Serve immediately, with some chopped cilantro and/or a squeeze of lime if desired.