If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This super quick bean dip is similar to hummus, but has more velvety texture & Mediterranean vibe. The garlic packs a lot of wow while the lemon juice adds a little zing.
Last summer I made of version of this for an appetizer at a wedding celebration.
Nonetheless, I was a big hit. We love it for a snack or a bit of lunch with some fruit. It is also a good appetizer, especially in the summer because there is no cooking involved.
Here, the conduit for the dip is some pita triangles, but your favorite crackers would work, fresh seasonal veggies or a baguette sliced with some olive oil & sea salt.
This takes seriously, only minutes. - we eat. happy.
Makes 2 cups
- 1 15oz can navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- handfuls fresh basil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon + zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Add bean, juice from lemon, garlic & herbs into the food processor. When everything looks pureed add olive oil slowly until you get desired creamy texture. Taste, adjust seasoning or texture, then scoop into a bowl & finishing with the extra-virgin olive oil.
- * If you do not have a food processor: Grate the garlic in a large bowl & chop the herbs as finely as you can. Add the beans, lemon juice & seasoning & mash with a potato masher. Begin adding olive oil as you mash to get desired consistency. Stir together & drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil.
- If you want to do the pita chips: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut two pita pockets like a pizza. Place triangles on a foil lined pan. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Season with sea salt & cracked pepper. Bake for 6 minutes, flip & bake another 3 minutes (until golden).