Author Notes: This is my "go to" slaw recipe, the one I always make when time is short. Simple and straightforward, it's a great accompaniment to all those summer barbecues. Grating the onion seasons the dressing without having to bite into chunks of raw onion. - inpatskitchen
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup homemade or good quality commercial mayo
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the shredded cabbage in a mixing bowl. using the large holes of a box grater, grate the onion and carrot into the bowl of cabbage and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayo, vinegar and sugar until smooth and add it to the cabbage mixture.
- Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad