If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my "go to" slaw recipe, the one I always make when time is short. Simple and straightforward, it's a great accompaniment to all those summer barbecues. Grating the onion seasons the dressing without having to bite into chunks of raw onion. —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup homemade or good quality commercial mayo
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the shredded cabbage in a mixing bowl. using the large holes of a box grater, grate the onion and carrot into the bowl of cabbage and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayo, vinegar and sugar until smooth and add it to the cabbage mixture.
- Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
Grilled Cheese, Please
Sandwiches that stop the world and melt with you
Grilled cheese, please.
It's time to travel.
Whey cool desserts.
Put cake on a pedestal.