If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Get your crab on! This can be a starter, lunch or main course and it's is easy to customize it to your tastes! Think of it as an uncooked crab cake! —SouffleBombay
- 1 pint roasted grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- mayonnaise to taste (I like 1/4 cup)
- 1-2 sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- a few squirts of lemon juice
- a few dashes of red pepper
- Homemade or purchased balsamic reduction
- Roast the tomatoes in a baking dish in your oven at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours to a day. This makes them oh so sweet and very soft.
- Gently combine the crab, mayo, green onion, lemon peel, lemon juice and red pepper to make the salad, cover and refrigerate. Allow the flavors combine for at least 1 hour. Option: If corn is at it's peak...why not add some blanched or sauteed corn kernels as well!! Yum!!
- When ready to assemble and serve, place a piece of your chosen flat bread on the plate, pile on some crab salad, then other flat bread piece , salad etc until finished. Garnish your plate with the roasted tomatoes (you can use greens as well here) Drizzle the plate liberally with home made or purchased balsamic reduction and serve! Enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.