Author Notes: I love how elderflower liquor pairs with Sauvignon Blanc (and can even save a too-oaky Chardonnay). Grapes add a summery touch! I was inspired by the Campbell Apartment's version (which uses Champagne in place of still wine, and a single whole grape) in NYC, but prefer my grapes muddled to release their flavors into the beverage. - SparkleDiana
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 handful purple grapes (enough to cover the bottom of a low ball glass), chilled in the refrigerator
- 1 shot elderflower liquor, such as St. Germain
- 1 shot Sauvignon Blanc, such as Efeste's Feral, or to taste
- Place cold grapes in a low ball cocktail glass; use a cocktail muddler to make a coarse mash. Afterwards, you could also add in a few frozen whole grapes (unmashed) to serve as ice cubes if you'd like.
- Pour in 1 shot each of elderflower liquor and wine, swirl and taste. If you'd like your cocktail less sweet, add more wine.