If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light fresh salad to enjoy on it's own with a crusty roll or as a side with roast chicken .
One day when I came home from my Weight Watchers Meeting and had been inspired to stay on program even though I had hit a plateau, I came up with this salad. It was fresh and light and with a crusty wheat roll, it hit the spot. I have been making it ever since and not just for me, for company too. Someone always asks for the recipe.When I was in a bind with no mint, I used fresh basil and it was just as good, and made a nice change from the mint. Enjoy.LL - LuvLatte
- 4 medium ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, snipped
- pinches salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Combine in a small bowl the yogurt and mint, salt and pepper.
- Toss the tomatoes gently into the yogurt mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve, season again if desired.
All up in The Grill
Clear the smoke with this BBQ&A.
A BBQ&A with a few masters.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
Espresso takes a chill.
Raise a (recycled) glass.