Author Notes: A light fresh salad to enjoy on it's own with a crusty roll or as a side with roast chicken .
One day when I came home from my Weight Watchers Meeting and had been inspired to stay on program even though I had hit a plateau, I came up with this salad. It was fresh and light and with a crusty wheat roll, it hit the spot. I have been making it ever since and not just for me, for company too. Someone always asks for the recipe.When I was in a bind with no mint, I used fresh basil and it was just as good, and made a nice change from the mint. Enjoy.LL - LuvLatte
- 4 medium ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, snipped
- pinches salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
- Combine in a small bowl the yogurt and mint, salt and pepper.
- Toss the tomatoes gently into the yogurt mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve, season again if desired.