If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Huckleberries, abundant in the Northwest, are the star of this hearty pancake, but if you don't have access to them, blueberries will also work great! Packed with oatmeal, vanilla yogurt, orange zest, honey, and juicy berries, this pancake is great even without a topping, but I like to mix up a little huckleberry-orange sauce to give it an extra kick. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- 1 cup huckleberries or blueberries- coated with 1-2 T flour
Berry Orange Butter Sauce
- 3/4 cup mashed berries
- remaining fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine oats and yogurt, and stir to coat oats. Add everything except for berries, and stir to mix. Gently fold in berries.
- Cook pancakes on a medium hot nonstick griddle with oil or cooking spray. When pancake bubbles throughout, flip and cook on 2nd side until golden brown and cooked through.
- For sauce, heat ingredients to a boil, then lower heat and simmer until pancakes are ready. Drizzle over pancakes right before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.