If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Persillade is a mixture of parsley chopped together with garlic in its basic form but can also be seasoned with additional herbs, oil, a citrus juice or vinegar.
Inspired by Jacques Pepin’s, Les Oeufs Jeannette, a hardboiled egg dish and a recipe I’ve made numerous times, I created a Persillade Dressing that includes a combination of hardboiled egg yolks and mayonnaise to dress up this broccoli salad.
I am so fond of this Persillade combination that it is what I use for all my egg and mayo based side dishes, such as potato or macaroni salad.
Serves 3 generously – can easily be doubled
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 4 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest from one lemon
- Fresh ground pepper
- Yolks from 3 jumbo hard boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons of a good mayonnaise (I use Best Foods)
- 1 teaspoon yellow prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare the Persillade mixture: Combine the parsley and its stems, pressed garlic, salt, lemon zest and ground pepper on a flat surface, chop and grind the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Hard boil the eggs in your usual manner, run under cold water a few minutes, then shell and cut in half. Remove the yolks from the whites. Reserve the whites for the salad.
- Combine the yolks and Persillade mixture in a bowl and crush with a fork creating a coarse paste.
- Add in the mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil and lemon juice, whisk to incorporate, creating a creamy dressing. Set aside until needed.
- 2-1/2 cups bite size broccoli and stems
- Whites from 3 jumbo hard boiled eggs, sliced bite size
- 4 large cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds (or 8 small sliced in half)
- 6 Kalamata olives, sliced in thirds
- 1 cup celery, sliced on slight diagonal
- 1/4 cup sweet bell pepper, any color - optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley for garnish - if desired
- Prepare the broccoli: wash, shake off excess water, pat dry with paper towel; using a vegetable peeler shave away the outside skin of the thick stalk. Lay it on a cutting board; begin to thinly slice the stalk at a slight diagonal, as you cut the florets will begin to fall off, cut them into bite size pieces.
- Add the broccoli and rest of the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the top, toss with a spoon, coating all ingredients evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, toss gently and add a few grinds of fresh ground pepper. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.