If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was based off of a deli chicken salad sandwich I had once. I loved it so I tried to recreate it, and then decided I liked this version better. I've also made this with turkey, which was great, and I bet it would also work with potatoes (though the fruit and nuts here are catered to chicken so might need to be adjusted). As usual, all measurements are approximate. —LucyS
Makes 5-4 cups
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded or cut into 1/2" dice
- 1/2 yellow onion or one whole shallot, diced
- about 1 cups chopped celery (I like it fairly fine, so I cut each rib in half lengthwise before dicing)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to 1 cups Mayonnaise (to taste, but enough to bind)
- salt and pepper
- 1 apple, cut into about 1/4" cubes
- Combine all ingredients together and mix to bind. Add salt and pepper, and more mayonnaise or mustard, to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.