If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take it to a potluck or BBQ...serves many and sure doesn't cost much! - inpatskitchen
Makes a huge bowl and serves many
For the tonnato sauce
- 2 x 4.5 cans tuna in olive oil
- 3/4 cup homemade mayo or a great quality comercial one
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine
- 2 teaspoons of the caper brine
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- Place all of the ingredients (including the oil from the tuna) in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate.
For the salad
- 16 ounces dry pasta shells
- Juice of a whole lemon
- 1 large (about 4 cups) diced unpeeled English cucumber (small dice)
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup finely diced red onion
- The tonnato sauce
- Cook the pasta per package directions. Quickly rinse in cool water and drain. Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Let the pasta cool to room temperature.
- Once the pasta has cooled add the cucumber, chick peas, red onion and parsley. Stir in the tonnato sauce and refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- NOTE: If after refrigerating the salad seems a little dry (sometimes that happens!) just stir in a little more mayo or extra virgin olive oil to your taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cheap Feast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad