If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In the height of tomato season try this light and refreshing summer pasta sauce of raw uncooked tomatoes with lemon infused olive oil tossed over fresh pasta. The lemon compliments the tomatoes creating a bright & flavorful dish that's quick & easy. On a hot summer day all it takes is to boil the pasta & you're done! —La Tavola Marche
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-5 zest of 3-5 unwaxed lemons, depending on the size
- 32 ounces passed tomatoes, the best fresh tomatoes you can find or canned
- salt and chili flakes to taste
- handful of aged pecorino (sheep's milk cheese) or parmesan freshly grated
- pasta of your choice
- A day or so before you would like to use the sauce combine lemon zest and oil in a bowl, cover and allow to sit out.
- The next day, strain out zest from oil and drizzle slowly into passed tomatoes as you constantly stir. When all the oil is incorporated, season with salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to sit once more for a bit to allow the flavors to come together.
- To serve: Give the sauce a good stir as it will have surely separated and toss with hot thin pasta and a sprinkle of grated aged pecorino (sheep's milk cheese) or parmesan.
Summer, Don't End
recipes that make the sunshine last a little longer
Summer, please don't go.
Stick it to 'em.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Recipe of the Day
Get your shine on.