If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother used to make deviled eggs like nobody's business. The recipe is in one of her old, yellowed recipe binders in her distinctively lovely handwriting. I have taken this recipe and added some celery for crunch and a little cayenne pepper for heat. This egg salad can be served on a bed of lettuce or between two slices of good bread. —Waverly
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Creole or Dijon mustard
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- bib lettuce or slices of your favorite bread to serve
- HARD BOIL THE EGGS: Fill a large pot with cold water. Add the eggs. Bring the pot to a boil over HIGH heat. When the water reaches a boil, cover the pot and boil for one minute. Remove the pot from the heat and set it aside, still with the cover on. Let it sit for 6 minutes like that. Drain the water from the pot and then run cold water over the eggs until they are cool enough to handle. Tap the shells to break them and then peel. Place the eggs in a medium bowl and mash them with a fork.
- MIX: In another medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, celery, capers, dill, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Season this to taste with salt and pepper. Add the mashed eggs and stir everything together until it is combined. If you are not serving this right away, cover and refrigerate.
- SERVE: The egg salad may be served on a bed of bib lettuce or between slices of good bread with any kind of greens or lettuce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.