If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my mother's recipe for potato salad. It is very simple but the briny pickles in it make it my all-time favorite. —Waverly
- 7 medium boiling potatoes
- 2 small sweet onions, Vidalia, Walla Walla, etc, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup small-dice sweet pickles
- 1 (2oz) jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- BOIL POTATOES: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until tender. Drain the water. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- COMBINE: In a large bowl, combine the cooled chopped potatoes with the onions, pickles, and pimientos. Season to taste with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard. Add enough of the mayonnaise mixture to bind the salad together.
- SERVE: If you are not serving the salad right away, cover and refrigerate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.