If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am getting more and more wary of turning on the oven in this scorching Colorado summer. My kitchen gets the full blast of the afternoon sun and that coincides exactly with when I start cooking my dinner. We don’t have AC in the house, so the kitchen becomes a cauldron pretty darn quickly. The simplest solution to this problem is making lots and lots of salads, and that is exactly what I have been doing! This recipe is bursting with fresh flavors and crunchy textures - to me it looks like a carnival on a plate! Hope you enjoy it! - Madhuja
Chipotle lime dressing
- 3/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons agave nectar
- several dashes Mexican hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 2 red bell peppers. sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, shaved thinly (using a vegetable peeler)
- 1 green leaf lettuce, sliced thinly
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, sliced
- 2 ripe Ataulfo mangos, sliced
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 2 Serrano peppers, seeded and diced finely
- 5 scallions, finely sliced (green parts only)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup lightly toasted, chopped walnuts
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients for the salad. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the salad as and when you need it. If you mix everything together all at once, it will get soggy very quickly. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce