If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I remember my grandmother making the simplest of salads with tomatoes and lettuces. She would quickly tear the lettuce and then chop the tomatoes into large diamond-like chunks, and just as quickly added a mayonnaise dressing that almost immediately turned milky and thin. The dressing served to bind the ripest and freshest ingredients. In my version, I have used butter lettuce, which is soft yet crunchy, and the ripest and most succulent tomato I could find. Making and eating this salad brought back the happiest of memories of a eating a basic salad that cooled the mind on a hot summer's night. - Bevi
- 1 large tomato
- 2 handfuls butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 grindings of sea salt
- 3 grindings of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Tear up the lettuce and place in a serving bowl. Cut the tomato in half lengthwise, and then cut the halves using a "W" cut to create about 1-inch wedges. Add to the bowl.
- Mix together the mayo, lemon juice, salt and pepper and sugar. Add to the lettuce and tomato, and blend softly but thoroughly. Serve with corn on the cob, simple shellfish dishes, and other summery food.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!