If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this salad and it's great for potlucks and bbq's. I've made a vegetarian version for our friends, so I know it's great without bacon and anchovies, however I'm an anchovy addict and I highly recommend trying the salad with them, even if you're not a fan - they add a great depth of flavor. I also suggest making this salad the day before you eat it, it gives the flavors a good chance to relax and melt together. - darksideofthespoon
- 1 pound baby potatoes, quartered and cooked
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, green parts only
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 5-6 anchovies fillets, minced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked
- 2-3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise... or more if needed
- lots of kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- Boil, steam or roast your potatoes. Cool them in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Finely chop your red onion, green onions, capers, bacon, anchovies, hard boiled eggs and parsley.
- Combine onions, chopped capers, bacon, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, bacon grease & grainy mustard. Mix well, add your cooled potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Season very well with salt and pepper, adding additional vinegar, mustard and bacon grease to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad