Author Notes: I love this salad and it's great for potlucks and bbq's. I've made a vegetarian version for our friends, so I know it's great without bacon and anchovies, however I'm an anchovy addict and I highly recommend trying the salad with them, even if you're not a fan - they add a great depth of flavor. I also suggest making this salad the day before you eat it, it gives the flavors a good chance to relax and melt together. - darksideofthespoon
- 1 pound baby potatoes, quartered and cooked
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, green parts only
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced
- 5-6 anchovies fillets, minced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked
- 2-3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 3 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise... or more if needed
- lots of kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- Boil, steam or roast your potatoes. Cool them in the fridge while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Finely chop your red onion, green onions, capers, bacon, anchovies, hard boiled eggs and parsley.
- Combine onions, chopped capers, bacon, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, bacon grease & grainy mustard. Mix well, add your cooled potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Season very well with salt and pepper, adding additional vinegar, mustard and bacon grease to taste.