If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While crab cakes may be the calling card of Maryland, shrimp salad is a close second. I can't name a single bridal shower I have attended in Maryland that did not serve shrimp salad. When served as a sandwich it is usually served on white bread with lettuce and tomato. Usually the shrimp are whole, I slice mine in half lengthwise as, I find, it makes a more manageable sandwich. - Summer of Eggplant
Food52 Review: The key tweak in Summer of Eggplant's terrific salad is in the methodology: steaming the shrimps -instead of boiling them - keeps them tender and flavorful, and the seemingly minute additions of minced green onion tops, celery seed and dried parsley to the dressing do make a difference. We bypassed the white bread/croissant directive and served it instead in top-split hot dog rolls with lettuce and tomato, lobster roll-style, along with some French-inspired Sangria and considered ourselves very well-fed, indeed! - wssmom
- 3/4 pound shrimp (30-40 count)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons diced celery
- 1 tablespoon green onion, green parts only, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay, or preferred Chesapeake Bay seasoning
- 1 pinch celery seed (tiny pinch)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt + pepper
- Heat 1-2 cups of water to a boil over a steamer basket. Add the shrimp and steam until just cooked -- 4 minutes should do it. Cool the shrimp on ice.
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp and slice lengthwise (or leave them whole if you prefer).
- Combine the shrimp and the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Chill for an hour or up to 24 hours. Serve in a bowl, on white bread with lettuce and tomato, or bridal shower-style with mini croissants.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.