If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Unlike last year’s 4th of July, which I spent reveling in sausages and 40?s, this year I took a voyage to the fine state of Vhhirginia to visit my brother. It was lovely! We drank wine
at wineries and ate lots of cheese. Mmm cheese. How I love you. As much fun I had gorging myself on Cab Franc and Humboldt Fog, when I got back to Texas I decided to fix myself a healthier snack choice that I love nearly as much as cheese- hummus! But not just any ordinary hummus. Pesto hummus with roasted garlic and handmade pita chips. - What Jew Wanna Eat
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 4 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of chickpeas, or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup chickpea liquid or water
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- First roast the garlic. Put garlic cloves on a foil lined sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Fold the foil into a packet and roast at 325 degrees F until garlic is soft, or about 30 minutes. Cool.
- Now it’s hummus time! First blend up the basil, pine nuts, garlic and a drizzle of the olive oil in a food processor. Then add the chickpeas, chickpea liquid or water, tahini paste, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper and blend until smooth!
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.