Author Notes: I started being interested in copying recipes when i was about 11. I was visiting my Aunt Yvon Breviere, we flew from Buffalo New York, and went to visit this Aunt. She served this Avocado Salad that I fell in love with I asked for the Recipe and Kept it for many years . I added the Vinegar to this recipe because I felt it needed a little something and the Lime juice did not seem enough. . This can be made ahead of time like in the afternoon and served room temp or cold. - Fran McGinty
- 2 Avocado's
- 1/2 cup Cooked Crab
- 1/2 cup Cooked Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch White Pepper
- 1) Squeeze Lime Juice and Mix with Vinegar . Set Aside
- 2) Remove Avocado Pit and scoop out the meat. Cut into bite size pieces
- Take the vinegar mix and pour into empty avocado shell and swirl around coating the inside.
- Then pour the vinegar mix on to the cubed Avocado and mix gently.
- In a clean bowl, mix the cooked crab and cooked shrimp.
- Add the Mayonnaise and mix well trying not to break up the crab.
- Mix the crab mixture with the Avocado mixture carefully.
- Place the mixture into the empty Avocado shells and cover with saran wrap.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mayonnaise-Based Salad