If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Good addition to sandwiches,veggies side dishes and meat dishes. Quick and easy, but need to sit for 2 hours at least. —Cordelia
Makes a cup
- 2 small onions
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Sumac (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/14 cup apple cider (or water, but then add another tablespoon of sugar)
- Put all the ingredients except for the onion in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. cook for few minutes on medium heat to reduce the liquids a bit.
- in the meantime cut the onions in half, peel them and then cut to thin half moon slices.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the onions. let it rest for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the liquids before serving.
Made in Milwaukee
What to eat, see, and do (hint: there's a lot of beer)
Made in Milwaukee.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Churros: the free-form, fast donut.
The chicest apron around.