If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Traditional British pub fare, these sausage rolls are simple to make and when served with some Heinz Beans and HP Sauce, you'll think you're in Britain! - Christina @ Christina's Cucina
Makes 12 sausage rolls
- 1 packet frozen puff pastry
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 2 ounces water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (good quality, such as Maldon)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- In a large bowl, mix together the salt with all the spices and breadcrumbs.
- Add the ground beef, and about 2 ounces of water. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients together until it has a meatloaf texture, adding more water as needed. The sausage should hold together when squeezed, without being too wet.
- Place the puff pastry on a clean surface. Cut into rectangular pieces, approximately 4"x5" (you can make them any size you like, however.)
- Shape some meat mixture into sausage shapes and place on the pastry, lined up with the short side of the pastry, but don't put too much or the pastry will burst open when baking. Wet the edge of the pastry with water, fold the pastry over the meat and seal with the tines of a fork. Repeat with remaining pastry and meat mixture.
- Place on a lined (Silpat, aluminum foil or parchment) edged baking tray, make three or four small cuts in the top of the pastry, and brush with a little beaten egg white.
- Bake sausage rolls in preheated 400º oven for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
We Need Your Help!
Help us pick the Recipes for the Shore finalists.
We need your help!
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
Mortar and pestle perfection.