Author Notes: As many of us know now, quinoa is a super grain. Here I just combined it with some summer flavors & veggies for a quick lunch. This would a great side to bring a weekend BBQ, or to serve next to grilled fish. - we eat. happy.
for the salad
- 1 cup black quinoa
- 1 cup summer squash, diced & sauteed in a little olive oil for about 6-8 minutes
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce to a simmer & let cook for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Add to the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
for the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro or a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Add ingredients together & whisk; pour over the quinoa & combine. Enjoy room temperature.