If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As many of us know now, quinoa is a super grain. Here I just combined it with some summer flavors & veggies for a quick lunch. This would a great side to bring a weekend BBQ, or to serve next to grilled fish. —we eat. happy.
for the salad
- 1 cup black quinoa
- 1 cup summer squash, diced & sauteed in a little olive oil for about 6-8 minutes
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Bring 2 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce to a simmer & let cook for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Add to the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
for the dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro or a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- Add ingredients together & whisk; pour over the quinoa & combine. Enjoy room temperature.
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.