If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With corn to use up in my frig., I started looking at some of my stash of cookbooks. One that I have owned and used infrequently is "Once upon a tart" by Mentesana and Audureau. This is a variation on the soup recipe in their book. It's rich and creamy with a real corn taste. I will probably go to this book more often. - Latetotheparty
- 2 minced shallots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears fresh corn or 3 1/2 cups frozen
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onions in 2 tbs. of butter on med.heat in a soup pot.. Stir frequently until translucet approx. 10 min.
- Break the ears of corn and add to pot along with stock and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer 30 min.
- Remove kernels from ears and add back to soup.
- Cook curry powder in clarified butter until fragrant.
- Puree soup and return to med. heat. Add curry powder , coconut milk, salt and pepper and cilantro. Then cook for another 15 minutes to bring flavors together.
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.