Author Notes: With corn to use up in my frig., I started looking at some of my stash of cookbooks. One that I have owned and used infrequently is "Once upon a tart" by Mentesana and Audureau. This is a variation on the soup recipe in their book. It's rich and creamy with a real corn taste. I will probably go to this book more often. - Latetotheparty
- 2 minced shallots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears fresh corn or 3 1/2 cups frozen
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onions in 2 tbs. of butter on med.heat in a soup pot.. Stir frequently until translucet approx. 10 min.
- Break the ears of corn and add to pot along with stock and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer 30 min.
- Remove kernels from ears and add back to soup.
- Cook curry powder in clarified butter until fragrant.
- Puree soup and return to med. heat. Add curry powder , coconut milk, salt and pepper and cilantro. Then cook for another 15 minutes to bring flavors together.