If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In testing different ways to cook french fries, I found the best way for the most succulent and crisp one here...then for the perfect dunking sauce welcomed at any Pub. - loubaby
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons white household vinegar
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 quarts oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- dashes ground red pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1/3 inch thick pieces. Place potatoes, vinegar, water and salt in saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 7 minutes until tender, but not falling apart. Drain potatoes in colander and spread on paper towel-lined rimmed baking sheet. Allow to dry thoroughly, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven or deep fryer to 400°F. Add fries to hot oil; cook 10 minutes until crisp and browned. Drain on paper towel-lined trays.Serve with Aioli
- To Make Aioli: Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in small bowl. Serve with Pub Fries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.