If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fennel, radishes, apples, red onions and carrots form the base of a summer slaw with the added punch of bacon and feta in a vinaigrette. A quick and easy salad for a hot day. No mayo! —DjeenDjeen
Makes 2 as a main
- 1 Fennel bulb, cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch Radishes (red), cut into matchsticks
- 1 Apple, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 handful Carrots, shredded (i used store-bought shredded carrots)
- 1/4 Red onion thinly sliced and cut into matchsticks
- 2 handfuls Mixed salad greens
- 5-6 Slices cooked bacon, chopped up
- 1/4 cup Feta, crumbled
- olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
- dashes Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- For vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a small jar with a top. Shake until combined and keep shaking to ensure garlic infuses the liquid. I don't measure the lemon-to-olive oil ratio but taste it to figure out when the flavor is right.
- For the slaw: Throw all ingredients into a large salad bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss well.
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.