If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's an easy summer lunch. Happy & healthy. - we eat. happy.
for the salsa filling & for serving
- 1 cup vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup summer squash, diced & sauteed in a little olive oil for about 6-8 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- a big handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 corn tortillas, heated in a dry pan over medium heat (30 seconds each)
- 1/2 head of red lettuce or greens of your choice
- 1 avocado, mashed
- lemon slices
for the chipotle cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle chili
- 1 teaspoon abodo sauce (that the chili came in)
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, summer squash, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, oil & lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine chipotle ingredients & set aside.
- To serve: smear chipotle cream on the bottom of the tortillas, then the lettuce, then the salsa filling & a dollop of avocado. Serve with lemon wedges.
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.