If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here's an easy summer lunch. Happy & healthy. —we eat. happy.
for the salsa filling & for serving
- 1 cup vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup summer squash, diced & sauteed in a little olive oil for about 6-8 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- a big handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 corn tortillas, heated in a dry pan over medium heat (30 seconds each)
- 1/2 head of red lettuce or greens of your choice
- 1 avocado, mashed
- lemon slices
for the chipotle cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle chili
- 1 teaspoon abodo sauce (that the chili came in)
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, summer squash, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, oil & lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine chipotle ingredients & set aside.
- To serve: smear chipotle cream on the bottom of the tortillas, then the lettuce, then the salsa filling & a dollop of avocado. Serve with lemon wedges.
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.