Author Notes: Here's an easy summer lunch. Happy & healthy. - we eat. happy.
for the salsa filling & for serving
- 1 cup vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup summer squash, diced & sauteed in a little olive oil for about 6-8 minutes
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- a big handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- a drizzle of olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 8 corn tortillas, heated in a dry pan over medium heat (30 seconds each)
- 1/2 head of red lettuce or greens of your choice
- 1 avocado, mashed
- lemon slices
for the chipotle cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle chili
- 1 teaspoon abodo sauce (that the chili came in)
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, summer squash, onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, oil & lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine chipotle ingredients & set aside.
- To serve: smear chipotle cream on the bottom of the tortillas, then the lettuce, then the salsa filling & a dollop of avocado. Serve with lemon wedges.