Author Notes: This is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy and creamy and such a great way to highlight gorgeous summer produce. The honey-agrodolce vinaigrette is also really lovely and pairs nicely with each of the main ingredients. I could eat this all day long! - em-i-lis
- 1 ball best-quality mozzarella (buffalo mozz if you can find it)
- 2 pluots, washed, seeded and cut into thin wedges
- 2 small-medium green tomatoes (I used Green Zebras), washed and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agrodolce vinegar (I use Katz Late Harvest Sauv Blanc; if you can’t find agrodolce, use sherry vinegar)
- ½ – ¾ teaspoons orange blossom honey (or another nice, fragrant honey)
- several good grinds of black pepper
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- On a serving platter, place the ball of mozzarella. You can slice into or leave it whole. Over and around it, gently toss the pluot and green tomato wedges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and honey. Pour some of it over the salad- you probably won’t use it all. Grind fresh pepper all over the salad, sprinkle with the basil ribbons and enjoy.