If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy and creamy and such a great way to highlight gorgeous summer produce. The honey-agrodolce vinaigrette is also really lovely and pairs nicely with each of the main ingredients. I could eat this all day long! - em-i-lis
- 1 ball best-quality mozzarella (buffalo mozz if you can find it)
- 2 pluots, washed, seeded and cut into thin wedges
- 2 small-medium green tomatoes (I used Green Zebras), washed and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agrodolce vinegar (I use Katz Late Harvest Sauv Blanc; if you can’t find agrodolce, use sherry vinegar)
- ½ – ¾ teaspoons orange blossom honey (or another nice, fragrant honey)
- several good grinds of black pepper
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- On a serving platter, place the ball of mozzarella. You can slice into or leave it whole. Over and around it, gently toss the pluot and green tomato wedges.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and honey. Pour some of it over the salad- you probably won’t use it all. Grind fresh pepper all over the salad, sprinkle with the basil ribbons and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe