If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I just began a new health regimen, and part of it meant cutting out white flour and processed sugars. Coming up with healthy alternatives to the pasta dishes I so adore has been a challenge, but this refreshing salad is my new go to! Perfect for summer or as a side to barbecue fare - light and refreshing with a surprising flavor kick from the cilantro. - Cannelloni&Cayenne
Makes 5 cups
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 cup pearled barley, cooked
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinches sea salt
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Wash 1 cup barley. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine barley with chopped bell pepper, cilantro, black beans, and mango. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt. Toss to combine all ingredients. Serve chilled.