Author Notes: I just began a new health regimen, and part of it meant cutting out white flour and processed sugars. Coming up with healthy alternatives to the pasta dishes I so adore has been a challenge, but this refreshing salad is my new go to! Perfect for summer or as a side to barbecue fare - light and refreshing with a surprising flavor kick from the cilantro. - Cannelloni&Cayenne
Makes 5 cups
- 1 1/2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 cup pearled barley, cooked
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinches sea salt
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Wash 1 cup barley. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine barley with chopped bell pepper, cilantro, black beans, and mango. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt. Toss to combine all ingredients. Serve chilled.