If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the foundation of this marinade many years ago from the wife of an old friend of my husband's. Over the years I have changed it and no longer have the original (I think it called for bottled teriyaki sauce). The couple has since divorced, but my husband still has his friend and I still have a great recipe. Some things change a lot, some a little, and all I hope for the better. - Sadassa_Ulna
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 heaping Tablespoon minced garlic - or more
- 1 1 x 1 x 2" piece of fresh ginger, grated - or more
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 splash (or more) hot sauce or sriracha or other heat
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup or so for basting.
- Marinate chicken for several hours. Cook on a grill or under a broiler, use reserved liquid for basting.
- My husband came home with a pound chicken breast tenders (long slivers of breast meat). Not sure what to do , I marinated them in this mixture, put in a shallow baking pan in a puddle of the marinade and broiled in the oven - maybe 7 minutes on each side. The marinade caramelizes into deliciousness this way.
- Another day, my husband bought deveined shrimp with tails on, about 1.25 pounds. I marinated them in this and he grilled them; they were a big hit!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.