Author Notes: OK so I am posting this because my notes say my family loved it. I wrote on a card "Roasted Pork Loin for Carnitas" with no mention of where I found it. I vaguely remember finding a recipe online that had two parts and I was too lazy to make a dry rub so I consolidated the recipe. But now i cannot find such a recipe online. Anyway, long story short, I will make this again and tweak/correct it. - Sadassa_Ulna
- 1 4-5 pound pork loin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients except pork loin in small roasting pan; add pork and cover. Refrigerate 2-4 hours turning at least once.
- Remove top rack from oven and heat to 450 degrees F. Place uncovered roast in oven with FAT SIDE UP and roast 15 minutes. Flip and roast 15 more minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees and flip back to FAT SIDE UP.
- Bake another 1-1/2. Remove from oven and tent with foil, use thermometer to confirm center is at or above 150 degrees F. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Would chunks of shoulder work better than whole loin?