If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: OK so I am posting this because my notes say my family loved it. I wrote on a card "Roasted Pork Loin for Carnitas" with no mention of where I found it. I vaguely remember finding a recipe online that had two parts and I was too lazy to make a dry rub so I consolidated the recipe. But now i cannot find such a recipe online. Anyway, long story short, I will make this again and tweak/correct it. —Sadassa_Ulna
- 1 4-5 pound pork loin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients except pork loin in small roasting pan; add pork and cover. Refrigerate 2-4 hours turning at least once.
- Remove top rack from oven and heat to 450 degrees F. Place uncovered roast in oven with FAT SIDE UP and roast 15 minutes. Flip and roast 15 more minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300 degrees and flip back to FAT SIDE UP.
- Bake another 1-1/2. Remove from oven and tent with foil, use thermometer to confirm center is at or above 150 degrees F. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Would chunks of shoulder work better than whole loin?
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.