If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great combination for a sandwich, tasty and easy to make for a crowd and great for a picnic .I bake my own bread, make my own mayonnaise and vinaigrette and even grow my own lettuce but you can buy all the ingredients. Make sure you buy the best quality you can find. Crusty bread is a must for this. —Marcia Chang-Hong
- 1 tablespoon french dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ? cups extra virgin olive ol
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf crusty chewy bread
- ¼ cups good quality brand mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
- 16 slices italian salami
- 4 ounces creamy blue cheese, sliced or crumbled
- 1 large handful arugula mesclun mix
- fresh black pepper and extra virgin olive oil
- Vinaigrette Mix the mustard, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. You want it to be the consistency of thick cream so if it's too thick, add a few drops of water to thin it down.
- The Sandwich 1. Slice the bread into ¼' thickness. Lay them on your counter top or chopping board. Spread the mayonnaise on each slice of bread. 2. Scatter the arugula mesclun salad over the bread and lightly drizzle the vinaigrette over it. Try to avoid getting the bread wet. The idea is to keep the moist ingredients away from the bread. 3. Layer the salami, 4 per sandwich, and the blue cheese onto half of the bread slices. Grind some fresh black pepper and a light drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil over the filling. 4. Put the sandwiches together without squashing them. They can be assembled a couple of hours ahead of eating which makes them great for a picnic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's time to travel.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
Off to market.