Author Notes: I first had a version of these several years ago at a bar in Brooklyn. They are great because 1) they taste fried, but are baked! 2) can be customized with any spice mix, 3) take two minutes of prep time. I opted to make a version with a slight kick to it. I eat them while they are still warm (that's mainly because I never seem to have leftovers!), but I bet they would be good at room temperature too. - kechin
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (i used harissa powder i had on hand)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain chickpeas, rinse, and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix spices and olive oil together.
- Add chickpeas to bowl and stir to coat chickpeas with spice and oil mix.
- Lay flat on a baking sheet (I put aluminum foil on the baking sheet for easy cleanup), and bake for 45 minutes, making sure to give the pan a shake 1/2 way through so that the chickpeas can crisp up evenly. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food