If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had a version of these several years ago at a bar in Brooklyn. They are great because 1) they taste fried, but are baked! 2) can be customized with any spice mix, 3) take two minutes of prep time. I opted to make a version with a slight kick to it. I eat them while they are still warm (that's mainly because I never seem to have leftovers!), but I bet they would be good at room temperature too. - kechin
- 15 ounces chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (i used harissa powder i had on hand)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain chickpeas, rinse, and pat dry.
- In a bowl, mix spices and olive oil together.
- Add chickpeas to bowl and stir to coat chickpeas with spice and oil mix.
- Lay flat on a baking sheet (I put aluminum foil on the baking sheet for easy cleanup), and bake for 45 minutes, making sure to give the pan a shake 1/2 way through so that the chickpeas can crisp up evenly. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pub Food
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.