If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light laid back dinner pancake for when you feel like having breakfast for dinner. —Droplet
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- butter or extra olive oil for pan
- The tomato sauce that you choose to use could be some leftover pizza or pasta sauce, or strained and pureed canned tomatoes. The choice will define the final taste since the cooked sauces usually have seasonings and alliums of some kind, and the uncooked sauce will make a pancake with a lighter tomato taste.
- Measure out the flour in a clean and dry small mixing bowl. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir well with a whisk to distribute the leaveners evenly.
- Separated the egg yolks from the egg whites into two mixing bowls. Beat the eggwhites on high speed until a little after the soft peak stage and set aside. Beat the yolks with the yogurt and ricotta until combined and creamy. Add the tomato sauce, honey and olive oil and beat for a few seconds. Mix in the prepared dry ingredients until just combined and gently fold the eggwhites into the batter.
- Heat a griddle on meadium high heat (can do that while beating the eggwhites) and when heated add about 1 tsp of butter. Laddle or pour about 1/3 c of batter and cook for about 1 1/2 min. Then flip over and cook an extra 30-40 seconds. Transfer the cooked pancakes directly to a serving plate, as they actually benefit from cooling slightly. Serve with some pesto if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.