If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few mouthful of pulao with plain yogurt that still warm from its cultured humid day. For a simple dinner we often serve our favorite carrot pulao and plain yogurt. —pauljoseph
- 2 cups Basmathy (Soaked at least for one hour in water) Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Carrot
- 3 cup Hot Water
- 2 Cardamom split
- 3 pieces Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black cumin seed
- 1/2 cup Onion Slice
- 1/2 cup Tomato chopped
- 2 pieces Green chili sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Chopped
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ghee
- Salt to taste
- For garnishing Fried onion,
- In a heavy pan heat oil .Add onion and fry for few minute then add tomato again sauté for few seconds
- Add spices cardamom, cloves, Cinnamon stick, fennel seed ,Cumin Green chili fry for few second.
- Add drained rice, chili powder, turmeric saute for few more second .
- Add the grated carrot and sauté little more time. Pour hot water salt to taste .Cover and cook in low flame for 10 minute or the rice is well cooked
- Garnish with coriander leaf, Onion and finely sprinkle the ghee(clarified butter).
- Serve hot with Yogurt and some pickle
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.