Author Notes: This is a recipe that has been around for a zillion years. My gram made something like it and deviling has been popular for well over 100 years. The sweet and spicy glaze with the crisp crust is addictive - deana@lostpastremembered
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, butter or lard
- If you have raw chicken legs, bake them in a 425º oven for 50 minutes then cool
- Preheat your broiler.
- Blend all the ingredients for the glaze
- Slash the legs if you would like and then slather on the mixture. Broil on high for 5-10 minutes. All broilers are different so keep an eye on them lest they burn.
- Add the salt, pepper and thyme to the crumbs. Sauté the seasoned crumbs in the fat till crisp.
- Roll the chicken legs in the crumbs and serve hot or cold.