Author Notes: People often think tofu is boring, but they are wrong. Tofu just needs some fun friends to hang out with and it will become a star of the show. This recipe for Sweet, Sticky & Spicy Tofu is one of my most popular recipes on the blog and for a good reason. Not only is it quick to make, but it screams with a variety of flavors and can be eaten on top of rice or salad. - Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1-2 pinches red pepper flakes
- olive oil for sauteeing
- Combine Hoisin sauce with soy sauce, chives and red pepper flakes. Add cubed tofu and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and saute cubed tofu until it's golden on all sides. The Hoisin sauce will give the tofu it's sticky and sweet quality; while the red pepper flakes will add some spice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy