If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: People often think tofu is boring, but they are wrong. Tofu just needs some fun friends to hang out with and it will become a star of the show. This recipe for Sweet, Sticky & Spicy Tofu is one of my most popular recipes on the blog and for a good reason. Not only is it quick to make, but it screams with a variety of flavors and can be eaten on top of rice or salad. —Olga of Mango & Tomato
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1-2 pinches red pepper flakes
- olive oil for sauteeing
- Combine Hoisin sauce with soy sauce, chives and red pepper flakes. Add cubed tofu and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and saute cubed tofu until it's golden on all sides. The Hoisin sauce will give the tofu it's sticky and sweet quality; while the red pepper flakes will add some spice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
In a Pickle
Preserve to pack your pantry
Yes, be in a pickle.
You gotta ketchup.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
A 10-step guide to better cake.