If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by the delicious healing soup at Amitabul in Chicago, IL. - RootPursuits
- 4-5 ounces Dried, thin Udon noodles
- 11/2 cup Kimchi
- 4 Baby Portabella mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 medium size Zucchini, cut length-wise and sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 Scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Extra firm tofu, cubed 1/2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon Chili garlic sauce, or sriracha
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons Not Chicken Broth, *vegan, optional
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Cook the noodles in boiling water then rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add oil to saute pan and heat over medium. Add zucchini and mushrooms, cook 3 minutes. Then add scallions and garlic and cook an additional two minutes. Just to soften the vegetables. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add water with bouillon to a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling add tofu, kimchi, chili paste and vegetables and reduce to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add udon noodles and cook for another minute or two and your ready to serve. Garnish with some sliced scallions and more chili paste if you need more heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy