If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This past summer I have spent the hot days and early morning in a bakery. Apprenticing behind two experienced and worldly bakers I have learned when and how to put my good vibes into the doughs as well as the oven rotation times. All the hard work has kept me on my feet and now toward the end of the summer my bike riding skills have allowed me to master riding with one hand since at the end of each shift I am shooed away with a baguette. Thus introduces one of many baguette sandwiches inspired by the bakery of course. - All Hail Honeybees
- 1 French, organic, artisanal baguette
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto
- 1 tomato
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup arugula
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- Craft a homemade pesto. My advice is to include some nuts, good parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, plenty of olive oil and of course basil.
- Use a fresh baguette or toast a day old one. Cut the entire baguette length wise and spread pesto on one half and organic (un)salted butter on the other half.
- Roast the zucchini for about 10 minutes, then add chopped onion and garlic, roasting for another 5 minutes.
- Slice the tomoato thinly. Lay tomato slices on one side of baguette and arugula on the other side.
- When veggies are done being roasted load them on the sandwich and drizzle with homemade balsamic reduction.
- Cut sandwich in thirds, should be about 6 to 8 inches.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.