Author Notes: I just had dinner at my friend Alison's and she was making guacamole; she prepped everything before cutting into the avocados which she soon discovered were overipe. She was also making a bulgar salad and had cooked the bulgar and chopped the mint. So the guac prep went into the bulgar and mint and it was delicious. - Sadassa_Ulna
- 2 cups bulgar
- 2 cups stock or water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- some chopped avocado?
- Pour bulgar into a large saucepan or heatproof bowl; meanwhile heat water or stock in a small saucepan to a boil, then pour over bulgar and cover. Allow to sit for 40 - 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all remaining ingredients (minus tomatoes) in a medium sized bowl.
- When bulgar is done add tomatoes pour dressing over all; toss to mix. Serve at room temperature.
- Chopped avocado would be a great addition!