Author Notes: A friend of mine recently requested some tofu recipes from me and since I’m obsessed with Buffalo flavor lately, I put the two together. This dish should remind you of spicy wings at a sports bar, minus the sticky fingers. - Brooklyn Salt
To make the tofu
- 1 1-inch slice firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon bottled Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
To make the celery salad
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (or other white vinegar)
- 1 pinch course salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Wrap the tofu slice in a paper towel and press firmly to release all the water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat and sear the tofu on each side for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer the tofu to a small bowl and add the Buffalo wing sauce, turning to allowing the tofu to marinate on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, toss together the celery, olive oil, vinegar, pinch of salt and a few turns of pepper.
- Serve the tofu drizzled with all the sauce it was marinated in and place the celery salad right alongside.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy