If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend of mine recently requested some tofu recipes from me and since I’m obsessed with Buffalo flavor lately, I put the two together. This dish should remind you of spicy wings at a sports bar, minus the sticky fingers. —Brooklyn Salt
To make the tofu
- 1 1-inch slice firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon bottled Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
To make the celery salad
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (or other white vinegar)
- 1 pinch course salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Wrap the tofu slice in a paper towel and press firmly to release all the water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat and sear the tofu on each side for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer the tofu to a small bowl and add the Buffalo wing sauce, turning to allowing the tofu to marinate on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, toss together the celery, olive oil, vinegar, pinch of salt and a few turns of pepper.
- Serve the tofu drizzled with all the sauce it was marinated in and place the celery salad right alongside.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's all about the sauce.
It's time to travel.
Recipe of the Day