If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve dreamt about making these again and again...next time with turkey mince, sage and chestnuts. - Kitchen Butterfly
Serves 4 (makes 15 - 18 balls)
- 300 grams Minced pork
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander (cilantro) stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced spring onions
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- Black pepper
- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear and then soak for an hour. Remove, rinse and drain in a sieve. Spread the rice on a flat plate and pat with a paper towel to remove the excess water.
- Mix the pork with the water, wine, coriander, ginger, onions, salt and pepper and mix well to combine . Add the cornstarch and then mix. That's your filling all done.
- Using a teaspoon dipped in water, scoop up spoonfuls and roll into balls.
- When your meat balls are ready, roll them in the rice till they are completely coated.
- Prepare a steamer by lining with a damp cloth. Place the pearl balls in, about 2 cm apart
- Steam over high heat for half and hour
- Remove and serve. I served mine with a passata made with ginger and coriander, though the chinese typically serve them with soy sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.