Author Notes: Soymilk and miso soup. Adding soymilk makes soup creamy and even if you don't care for miso, you would love it. - Japanese Housewife
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 ounces Turkey Bacon
- 1/2 Medium Onion
- 4 Small Potatoes
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 1.5 cups Soymilk
- 3 tablespoons Miso Paste
- Slice bacon. Peel potatoes and cut them into half inch cubes. Chop onion.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, add bacon, onion and potatoes. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Add water and cook over medium heat until potatoes s are tender removing the scum periodically. Then add spinach and soymilk.
- Turn off the heat just before it starts to boil, add miso and whisk to dissolve miso paste with chopsticks or fork until smooth.
- Pour the soup into each serving bowl and sprinkle black pepper if you desire.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy